Today, there is a wide range of demands for sport brake pads.
Many drivers are choosing brake pads that offer optimal performance on the street and race circuit. The demand is for a brake pad that is usually used on hte street and can be occasionally used at the race circuit. These drivers are using high performance radial tyres not the racing tyres that the frequent race circuit drivers use. If racing brake pads are used, it may not provide the optimal temperature range, decrease disc life, and unable to provide the right balance between tyre grip and brake performance.
The development concept of the Z-Type barke pad is a high performance brake pad for street-use.
For the testing, cars like the Subaru Impreza WRX, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, BMW M3 and Porshce Cayman S were used with high performance radial tyres. The pads went through extended road trials on the street followed by rigorous testing on the race circuit. On the street, the brake pads were able to offer consistent brake feel event at low temperatures, and achieved low brake noise and longer disc life. On the race circuit, there was no decrease in braking power and offered superior stopping power.
The DIXCEL Z-Type is for users who want race-circuit quality brake pads without having to sacrifice regular street-use performance.
The sport brake pad you can use for regular street-use.
This brake pad was developed as an answer to such demands.
- Race circuit testing was mainly done at Okayama International Race Circuit and Fuji Speedway.
- To best replicate street-use, road testing was done with street legal cars.
- The cars had little modification and were fitted with high performance radial tyres.
- Being an multi-use brake pad, the Z-Type can be for street-use to circuit-use.
- Consistent braking even when the brakes are cold, something that is a must for street-use brake pads. Also helps for a longer disc life.
- Stable braking power and high fade resistance even at high brake temperatures of race circuit usage.
- Perfect for high performance radial tyres.
- Friction Materials - Graphite Metallic
- Effective Temperature Range - 0~850 Degrees C
- Applicable Stages - Fast Road, Circuit, Drift, Auto-Cross, Dirt Trial
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other V-Spec Performance PTY LTD users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.